How to Add Ebook Downloads in WordPress
Do you want to add ebook downloads to your WordPress site? WordPress makes it easy for you to upload your ebook files in PDF format and make them available for download. You can also sell ebooks or use them to get more email subscribers. In this article, we will show you how to add ebook downloads in WordPress as well as how to make the most out of your ebooks.
How to add ebook downloads and PDF downloads in WordPress?
The next reasonable technique to be applied for WordPress PDF downloads is PDF Embedder. It gives you ultimate control over how your PFD files are generated and downloaded by the website visitors. It is one of the simplest ways to upload and make PDFs and ebooks downloadable after passing certain resizing for large files, whenever necessary. This wonderful plugin is also thoroughly customizable. It means that you can play with the shape and visualization of the embeds of your digital profile while going to Settings-PDF Embedder from the admin dashboard. You are free to change the width and height, resize, customize the toolbar, etc. The premium version of this product (https://wp-pdf.com/premium/) is also ultimately mobile friendly and mobile optimized resulting in a positive mobile user experience when downloading or viewing your files.
Ultimate Guide: WordPress eBook Plugins & How to Use Them
Note: If you want to use Password Protected Categories with your eBook library then you’ll need to add the table of eBooks directly to the category archive template for your eBooks post type, instead of adding the Posts Table Pro shortcode to a standard page. There are basic instructions for this in the plugin knowledge base, but you might want to create a custom template for the eBooks post type so that it won’t change your blog category layouts too. You can ask your developer to do this, or post a job on Codeable to find someone suitable.
If you use WooCommerce integration from the Pro version:
1. After activation of plugin, go to Ebook Store > Add New
2. Upload all ebook files and set a title and price.
3. Go to (WooCommerce) Products and open/create the product that will also deliver the ebook.
4. Go to the new Ebook Store tab in the product editing screen and select the ebook store ebook you just created.
5. Save and once someone buys that WooCommerce product, on the order confirmation page they will see Downloads section with all ebook formats and the password(s) if encryption is enabled.
6. Email delivery will also work with WooCommerce and the customer will receive the ebook via email as a link and/or attachment.